Friday, October 24, 2008

We have twins!

We are not pregnant! Let me repeat and can I have a hallelujah, we are not pregnant! But, we have twin wiener dogs! They were given to us by Terry's co-worker. They are sisters: Sophie and Ginger. We vowed over and again never to have a dog and now we have two.

We brought them home last night. That was worse than bringing a baby home for the first time. We know nothing about dogging. I am only trained in kids. It was horrible. But, we made it through the night. The kids don't have school today and so they have been playing and having a great time with them.

They are cuties. I will post a picture as soon as I get around to taking some shots. So far so good? I just don't know what to do with them. I do however, have a feeling we'll learn real quickly. Ahhhhh.... what have we done?

7 comments:

Gwen said...

Congrats! Call me if you have any questions - the Denver Dumb Friends League has some great handouts on housetraining, crate training, chewing etc...www.ddfl.org click on the behavior tab and follow the yellow brick road to puppy issues

karen said...

WHOA. Thanks for clearing that up right off the bat. I promised alicia that once we had a back yard they could get a puppy. We still dont have one and they havent forgotten. I guess I will have to get one, one of these days.

Christina said...

Ben and I have also vowed to never have a dog- but in reality, I think all little boys need one...good luck!

Stacy Stoddard said...

congrats and good luck. I love my dog but i grew up with dogs so it wasn't much of an adjustment for me when we got shelby. Neal on the other hand never had a dog, but after taking her to a training class to help us all communicate things where much easier. It has been 4 years now and i would have a really hard time giving her up if i had to, you can ask neal, she is really my dog.

I do have to say you are brave to take on two dogs at one time.

Snell Familia said...

Wow, you are a brave soul! I can't take care of and keep up with the kids and husband that I have!!! I can't even think of adding dogs to the picture!

Stacy Stoddard said...

I have tried about 5 times sie the 17th, of which they have a note say site problem or something. I have never used the cutest blogs on the block, so it is frustrating that it won't let me register either. maybe it is just web problems ...aarrgghhh...very annoying.

Anonymous said...

Dogs?? In the plural??? Brian will definitely want to stay at your house when we come to IF again. I never thought you and Terry were crazy, but now I know the truth. I imagine we will join the crazy group of dog owners someday, but now are excuse is that we can't have pets in our apartment.