Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Before and After

Well, I sorted the house pictures for the before and after PROOF pictures. They will make a great coffeetable book someday!

We are moved in and finishing more projects each week. Even though it seems neverending, I have to look at these pictures and remember what we started with.

We are thrilled with the results and are pretty overwhelmed with the space and beauty. It has been a great adventure. Yet, it reminds me of high school ... learned some great things, but pretty sure you couldn't pay me enough to do it again. Enjoy!

This is the house. Not too much different that you can see, but it took a lot of work just to clean it up. We hope to have gutters and shutters on before winter and worry about the yard another year.

We would like to insert a round about driveway in the front and remove several trees. The driveway now goes right up to the LV room window because the LV room used to be the 2 car garage until the owners did a remodel.


This is the guest bathroom. We are pleased that the salmon is gone, and definitely the brass animal. Sometimes there's a line. Unfortunately, this whole house at several points had that beloved mark.
This is obviously the kitchen. This was our biggest project in the house and you can see why. We also love this room because of all the work that went into it, and $, and it just turned out beautiful. The pull out drawers are my favorite. We are not used to such luxury.


This picture above is not a great one, it was when we first moved in, but it gives you an idea of the overall flow from the LV room to the Kitchen and Dining rooms. There is now some Cherry tirm around the archway and off to the right that you can't see inside of the LV room is a door to the mud room, office, and garage.

Then as you can see through the Dining room there are stairs. Upstairs there are 3 bd rooms including the master and the blue guest bathroom. Downstairs is another bathroom, laundry, pantry, and 3 more bd rooms. In the dining room there are double doors to the right going into a hot tub room (picture below). You can see the brick where the home originally ended and this was added onto. This will be a fun room to remodel some day.




This is the Master bedroom. You can't see it, but if the picture was taken back a bit you'd see an exact size repeat of this picture. It is a HUGE room. We have our computer and a sitting area there now that's being finished.


This is the Living Room that was remodeled in 1988 - it used to be the two car garage. It sits off from the Kitchen and Dining Area.
This is our home! Thanks to all the family and friends who helped!! This home will continue to bring many more projects as all houses do. In a strange way it has been fun to see lots of little updates that can still be done over time, ie. hot tub room and backyard to name a few.

We are currently doing the garage to prepare for winter, so the process continues. But, we are so happy here and the ward and neighborhood are the highlights. The Lord has blessed us. And we have so many reasons to be grateful!

12 comments:

Kristen Campbell said...

Everything looks so beautiful Bethany! You guys should be so proud of all you've done, and I'm so glad that you are happy there. Keep up the good work!

karen said...

So are you in the polar bear club? Your "hot" tub looks pretty cold. House looks great. You guys are doing awesome.

Anonymous said...

It was so awesome visiting with you when we were down. Your house looks great!!!!! We'll be down for Thanksgiving.

Stacy Stoddard said...

the house is beautiful...I love the kitchen....it is fabulous.

julie said...

Hi Bethany! Your house looks so nice and roomy. I especially love the kitchen - what a beautiful remodel! I'm not doing preschool anymore. I was really sad at first about not coming back, but I've learned since that it was the right decision. I just feel so swamped with three kids! I don't know how I would have fit it all in. Plus, I'm really pleased with how healthy all my kids have been - yea!

Gwen said...

You guys are amazing! it is beautiful!

Maja said...

Bethany and Terry great job! I love the kitchen you did an amazing job picking out everything. Now I hope you relax and just enjoy it until the next project.

Kari said...

Wow Bethany! I love what you have done to your house!! I especially LOVE the kitchen!! How did you 'stain' the rock in the Family room? I love that too!

Kelli Eudis said...

What a big difference it makes to remodel. Looks beautiful!

Kirkland's said...

Such a beautiful home, great job in the remodel!

herbie said...

I LOVE the kitchen. WOW!! I'm so impressed with the results. It looks great.

Patti Miller said...

no, seriously how did you have that vision of what could be? I am so impressed. That does look like alot of work so don't move any time soon. You guys do great work...